AssociationWashington State

Rent Increase: “Do Something”

As the recent rent increase notices hit our doorknobs and postboxes the common refrain was “We have to do something!”

Or “What can we do?” This question is constantly in front of the Cascade Park Residents Association Board. We are investigating various avenues but have yet to find anything feasible.

Some residents have suggested a lawsuit or filing complaints to the Manufactured Housing Dispute Resolution Program of the State Attorney General’s Office. The Board has not yet found any park-wide basis to do either. But maybe individual residents do have an issue with how the rent increase was handled or other complaint regarding their lease.

If that is the case, our best advice is to learn more about filing a complaint with the Attorney General. Our summary of the Dispute Resolution Program is here; it includes a link to the official page. You can find the Complaint Form here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *